Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Precious

I think I might start calling MIL Gollum. You can't take a picture of her without her eyes getting squinted up until they're nearly closed and her mouth twists in this painful grin. She's truly a beautiful person but she's the least photogenic person I know.

The real reason I want to call her Gollum is because of the blatant favoritism she gives to her son (might I add, only child?).

HOW SHE TREATS ME:
MIL: I'll be in the neighborhood. Would you like me to pick up Baby#1 from school at 3:00?
Me: That would be great. I'll let you know if Baby#2 wakes up in time. I'd hate to wake her up from her nap, so if she's not up, I'll give you a call by 2:45.
MIL: OK, I'll keep my cell phone on - just call if you need me. I'll be in the neighborhood, so it's no problem.

~ at 2:45, Baby #2 is storing. Deeply. I don't have the heart to wake her.
Me: Hey, Mom, can you go get Baby#1? Baby#2 is still sleeping.
MIL: I can't. I'm in Costco on the other side of town.
Me: Oh, I thought you'd be in the neighborhood?
MIL: No, I left. You'd better hurry, or you'll be late!
~ Wake up Baby#2 and run like hell to school.

HOW SHE TREATS HUBBY:
MIL: Honey, since your wife has to work late tonight, would you like to come over for dinner?
Hubby: Yes.
MIL: Should I make a nice steak for you?
Hubby: Yes.
MIL: I can bathe the kids for you, too, and have them in their jammies. Would that help?
Hubby: Yes.
MIL: All you'd have to do is get them to bed. Unless you want me to come over and tuck them in, too? It's really no problem. I can come over and get them in bed for you. I know how tired you are.
Hubby: OK.
MIL: My Precious...

2 comments: