Monday, February 28, 2011

The Green Meanie

Apparently I’ve become sort of a recycling Nazi. A few days ago, I found an empty conditioner bottle in our bathroom garbage. I brought it downstairs, simply said “Hello?! Recyclable!” to Husby, and put it in the recycling bin. Yesterday, I found a glass bottle of pasta sauce in the kitchen garbage. I merely growled with a pointed look at Husby again, then took it out to the recycling bin in the garage. Today at lunch in the work cafeteria, I watched Husby throw away his yogurt cup when – gasp! – the plastic recycling bin was right around the corner.  This time I hissed at him, not wanting to draw too much attention to him and embarrass myself (yes, I’m married to HIM, ye-old-thrower-awayer-of-recyclable-materials).

Husby approached our table and told me I was a new kind of super hero. The Green Meanie. Heh. Wonder if they could change my business cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment